Versatility, Accessibility and Intelligence are the key highlights of the recoSTAR universal recycling line. New advanced features complement a well-proven technology. This state-of-the art recycling line with extended functionality and innovative process adaption through the ACTIVE shredder is especially designed for processing films, fibres and filaments, nonwovens, tapes, fabrics, as well as solid lumps, start-up scrap, injection moulding parts, and any type of regrind; from materials such as PE, PP, PS, PA, PES, PET, PPS, PLA, and others. The most efficient solution for rigid, flexible, and hard-to-grind materials.
ACTIVE shredder – ideal material preparation before the extrusion process due to:
- A ccessibility & quick material change
- C ontrolled cutting & dosing
- T ight knife clearance & high performance
- I ntelligent & innovative
- V ersatile & wide material range
- E asy start & stop operation
The material is fed without pre-cutting to the shredder by conveyor belt, film reel feeder or edge trim cyclone. The ACTIVE shredder ensures perfect material preparation for high output through exact cutting geometry and double-coil rotor design. A hydraulically driven pusher presses the material against the rotor, where it is cut between the rotary and stationary knives. However, cooling is kept to the necessary minimum so that the energy generated in cutting can be utilised in the extrusion process.
The load-controlled dosing screw allows stable extruder feeding even when the bulk density varies. The machine is designed so that overloading and underloading are avoided. Easy access and maintenance leads to high uptime and availability.
The recoSTAR universal series comprises five machine sizes which together cover an output range of 150 – 1300 kg/h. Each machine can be equipped with degassing, high vacuum, backflushing filter and any one of three pelletising systems.
|Output*||150 – 1300 kg/h|
|Energy consumption||0.2 – 0.35 kWh/kg|
|Single shaft cutter width||800 – 2000 mm|
|Single shaft cutter drive power||55 – 160 kW|
|Extruder screw diameter (L/D)||65(24;40) – 165(24;40) mm|
|Extruder AC drive||55 – 355 kW|
|* depends on extruder dimensions and the material to be processed|
The recycling line recoSTAR universal comprises the following process steps:
- Feeding of material via conveyor belt with or without metal detector
- and /or reel feeder
- and /or edge trim cyclone
- Cutting of material in the single shaft cutter
- Feeding to a single screw extruder
- Degassing to purify the melt of volatile contaminants
- Filtration of melt without backflushing
- Filtration of melt with backflushing
- Filtration of melt with rotation filter
- Filtration of melt with power backflushing
- Water ring pelletising
- Underwater pelletising
- (Automatic) Strand pelletising
- Storage silo