The latest recycling technology for the processing of films, fibers, and washed post-consumer waste from materials such as PE, PP, PET / PES, PA, PLA, PS and PPS.
Ecological, economical, energy-saving
– these are the three keywords to describe the new recoSTAR dynamic recycling line. The pioneering machine concept is characterized by a very energy-efficient production process as well as a high grade of automation, which accounts for reliable and constant production, higher output, and wider range of applications.
The recoSTAR dynamic will also be the first of the Starlinger recycling lines to carry the “rECO” stamp. By using exclusively motors with the best efficiency ratings, energy consumption and CO2 emissions are reduced significantly. Features such as energy recovery systems in various process steps as well as infrared heating further slim down the energy costs for machine operation.
Designed for recycling plastic scrap from industrial and post-consumer applications, recoSTAR dynamic lines are especially suited for processing hygroscopic, wet and/or pre-ground and foamed materials. The SMART feeder optimally prepares the material prior to extrusion through performing simultaneously the following:
- S hrink & cut
- M ix & homogenize
- A ctive feed & control
- R otate & friction
- T emperature & dry
The dynamic automation package ensures that the system is running at the ideal operating point. Consequently, higher output is achieved with lower energy consumption, and higher levels of humidity can be processed. The produced high-quality regranulate is suitable for a wide range of end use applications.
The recoSTAR dynamic series is available in six sizes and covers an output range of 150 – 2600 kg/h.
|Output*||150 – 2600 kg/h|
|Energy consumption||0.2 – 0.35 kWh/kg|
|SMART feeder diameter||900 – 2050 mm|
|SMART feeder drive power||37 – 400 kW|
|Extruder screw diameter (L/D)||65(24;40) – 215(24;40) mm|
|Extruder AC drive||45 – 560 kW|
|* depends on extruder dimensions and the material to be processed|
The recycling line recoSTAR dynamic comprises the following process steps:
- Conveyor belt/screw
- Single-shaft cutter, stand-alone
- Conveyor belt with metal detector
- Nip roll feeder
- Edge trim cyclone
- SMART feeder
- Degassing extruder
- Double degassing extruder
- Melt filtration, discontinuous
- Melt filter without backflushing
- Melt filter with backflushing
- Power backflushing filter
- Continuous rotation filter
- Reverse degassing, first degassing port
- Second degassing port
- Degassing extruder
- Water ring pelletiser with centrifuge
- Strand pelletiser
- Automatic strand pelletiser
- Underwater pelletiser (UWP)
- UWP with inline crystallisation