High-Speed Mid-Sized All-Electrics
The SE-HSZ Series high-speed all-electric injection molding machines bring the advantages of Sumitomo (SHI) Demag�s advanced direct-drive motor technology to high-speed injection molding applications in the mid-tonnage range. Available in models from 242 to 385 US tons (220 to 350 metric tons), the SE-HSZ provides mid-range applications with the energy efficiency, cleaner molding environment and precision benefits of an all-electric combined with the higher speeds and pressures typically found only on high-performance hybrids and hydraulics.
Equipped with direct-drive motors for both injection and clamping, the SE-HSZ is ideally suited for parts with a cycle time less than 15 seconds, thin-wall parts and other applications requiring high-speed injection.
These direct-drive motors have a lighter, more compact, low-inertia/high-torque design that draws power only�as it is needed, is easier and faster to stop and start, and is exceptionally precise. The resulting performance specs speak for themselves:
- Higher Injection speeds of 13.8 in/sec (350mm/sec)
- Velocity response of 25 milliseconds
- Injection pressures up to 42,185 psi
- Mold open/close speed of 51.2 in/sec (1300mm/sec)
Raising the bar for injection molding machine control, the SE-HSZ is equipped with Sumitomo�s Z Control, an easy-to-use PC-based control that provides an exceptional level of injection molding precision with low-pressure filling and reduced clamp force. Unique attributes of the Z include:
- Flow Front Control (FFC) System (patent pending) that optimizes the flow front further allowing control of low internal pressures inside the cavities
- Minimum Clamping Molding (MCM) System which helps avoid flash, burn spots and shorts shots, and can reduce mold wear, cycle time and power consumption
- Simple Process Setting (SPS) System which allows easy setup and operations while helping the operator avoid oversights and mistakes
Several other innovative features, unique to Sumitomo (SHI) Demag, can also be found on the SE-HSZ:
- Low-shear, low-temperature SM screw
- Double Center Press Platen design that ensures superior surface pressure balance even in the center surface area of the mold
- Twin-cylinder high contact force that provides contact force equivalent to a hydraulic clamp machine plus excellent mold protection and faster cycle times
- Constant feedback clamp force sensor for exceptionally stable clamp force control
- New high-precision mold height adjustment using a highly precise rotary encoder
The SE-HSZ is backed by Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s comprehensive Customer Satisfaction Program which includes the industry’s best warranty program, worry-free parts, responsive field service and financing availability.
Please use the SE-HSZ links above at the left for more information about this series of mid-sized high-speed all-electric injection molding machines.